ERC Guaranteed Helps Restaurants Secure the Maximum ERC—Guaranteed
Few industries were more heavily impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic than restaurants. Every restaurant in the country was subject to government restrictions. The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) contains a provision—the Employee Retention Credit (ERC)—through which restaurants can qualify for a tax refund. The ERC is important because ERC funds can be three to seven times higher than Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funds.
At ERC Guaranteed, we are exclusively focused on helping businesses qualify for the maximum Employee Retention Credit (ERC). Our team has deep experience working with restaurants nationwide. If you have questions about the ERC application process for restaurants, we are here to help. With us, you will get the maximum ERC—guaranteed. Call us at 1-888-210-8870 or contact us online to set up a confidential appointment with an ERC specialist.
Understanding the Employee Retention Credit (ERC) for the Restaurant Industry
Passed as part of the CARES Act, the Employee Retention Credit (ERC) is a fully refundable tax credit that is available to businesses and organizations that continue to pay wages while being affected by a partial/full government shutdown or a significant revenue decline during 2020 and/or 2021. The ERC is distinct from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Restaurants that filed for PPP benefits can still get an ERC tax refund. For many restaurants, the ERC is actually higher than their PPP funds. It can be as much as seven times higher. Here are three key things to know about the ERC:
- The ERC is Available for Six Quarters: The ERC covers six quarters in total: the final three quarters of 2020 and the first three quarters of 2021. A restaurant can file for the ERC for all six quarters.
- A Maximum of $26,000 Per Employee is Available: ERC funds are based on wages paid during the qualifying period. There is a maximum of $26,000 per each employee available across all six quarters for restaurants.
- You Must Apply to Get the ERC: The federal government will not automatically send restaurants a tax refund for the ERC. Restaurants need to apply for the ERC benefits. Do not miss your opportunity to secure your refund.
How Restaurants Can Qualify for the ERC
The COVID-19 pandemic dramatically changed the restaurant industry. In a matter of a few days, restaurants were forced to transition to take-out only or were shut down entirely. A report from the National Restaurant Association assessed that many restaurants would never make a full recovery to their pre-pandemic state. A study published by the National Library of Medicine estimated that 15 percent of U.S. restaurants went out of business because of the pandemic. Most restaurants suffered losses in the form of reduced revenue or additional expenses.
Every restaurant in the United States can qualify for the ERC. There are actually two different ways to qualify for an ERC tax refund as a restaurant: 1) You can prove a substantial loss in revenue or 2) You can prove your business was subject to a partial or full government shutdown order. Every restaurant was subject to such an order. Examples of restaurant shutdown orders include:
- Additional sanitization requirements;
- Social distancing restrictions;
- Capacity limitations;
- Take-out only requirements; and
- Supply chain disruptions.
ERC Guaranteed has obtained access to the federal, state, and municipal government shutdown orders from their government order specialists. We have the documentation that restaurants need to qualify for the Employee Retention Credit. Every restaurant in the United States was impacted by COVID-19 and should apply for a tax refund.
Restaurants Nationwide Can Still File for the ERC for 2020 and 2021
It is not too late to file for an Employee Retention Credit (ERC) refund for either 2020 or 2021. Even if your restaurant already submitted tax forms for these years, there is still time to file an amended return. By law, there is a three-year lookback period for the ERC. Take advantage of the program as soon as possible. Sunrise Business Solutions helps restaurants throughout the United States submit an amended 941-X form to secure the maximum ERC for both 2020 and 2021.
Why Restaurants Rely On the ERC Specialists at ERC Guaranteed
ERC Guaranteed has a proven record of helping businesses obtain the greatest possible Employee Retention Credit tax refund. We have an exclusive focus on the ERC, our team brings true expertise to our clients. Serving businesses throughout the United States, we have helped many restaurants with the ERC application process. Our team is ready to work proactively to maximize your tax refund. Among other things, Sunrise Business Solutions offers non-profits:
- A Free, Comprehensive Analysis of Your ERC Benefits: ERC Guaranteed provides no cost, detailed-focused ERC analysis to businesses in the restaurant industry. We will take the time to determine your eligibility and how much you qualify for.
- Calculation of the Maximum ERC Tax Credit: Calculating the ERC is complicated—we will do it for your restaurant for all six quarters. All you need to do is provide a few relatively simple financial documents.
- Guidance With Every Part of the ERC Application Process: The ERC specialists at ERC Guaranteed will handle all parts of your tax refund application, including the preparation and filing of an amended 941-X form.
- Facilitation of Your Payments (Up to Six Checks): We put an emphasis on getting our clients paid as quickly and efficiently as possible. Your restaurant could qualify for up to six checks from the IRS. The funds are unrestricted—they can be used however you choose.
We Help Secure the Employee Retention Credit for the Restaurant Industry
At Sunrise Business Solutions | ERC Guaranteed , our ERC specialists have the professional expertise that restaurant owners and operators can count on. If you have any specific questions about applying for the Employee Retention Credit as a restaurant, we are more than ready to help. Reach out to us by phone at 1-888-210-8870 or send us a direct message for a strictly confidential initial appointment. We help restaurants secure the maximum ERC benefits nationwide.